OK so I know that little things please little minds, and I get quite excited about the strangest of stuff, but when we managed to get the steering wheel off I did cheer somewhat. Every time I had walked past I had given the threads a little squirt of WD40 and then with T pulling and wiggling (BFI???) and me wafting a hot air gun in the vacinity we heard a pop, and the wheeel had shifted. Halleluia. Another step closer to getting the body off.
As you can see we call in all sorts of experts to advise - this is Lucy, she is our latest find - and very useful too. T is making full use of her knowledge here.
Drivers side floor (or lack of it) now that the nasty tar paper has been scraped and burnt off it! There were two layers of 'steel' the original floor had been reinforced by a patch panel which had been brazed in over the top of it. The whole lot propped up on the U channel you can see.With every bit of prodding and poking and disassembly we do we find more rotten or non-original bits of steel. But the Old Girl is allowed to be - she's 59 years old, has had a life of working on a farm, and has never been restored!
13 comments:
I know how she feels - 50 and no restoration is no joke these days!!
But at least you can't see your rust!
It's wonderful what a bottle of chemicals can do!!
Phosporic acid will kill my rust - hope you're not using the same!
Nah, just polyfilla! Spread the word of you website to another landrover nut... there are lots of you around!
EXCUSE ME - LANDROVERS???????????????
Jeeps yes, but they are NOT LANDROVERS....
Mind you the landrover was a copy ....
Just you wait.
Well, I thought there was something similar about them! Youknow, four wheels, no comfort, a steering wheel and headlamps like a 2CV...
Ouch!
I give up!
Well come on, I am waiting for the next lot of pickies - if this pile of rusting metal is going to drinve around or to the Arctic Circle, then it needs some wheels and an injun. (That's what they call them in Shropshire!)
More Pics soon, put a set of wheels back on it today, and will be taking the body off as soon as poss! Have to roll it forward, then take the body off backwards!
Hang on, you've just put the wheels on, so youare taking thebody off....? Don't they need each other?
All will become clear - honestly!
Picture this -
We have to push it all forward in one, with the body on.
In order to lift the body off, we have to lift it backwards. As the gargage door is in the way, revert to previous step!
I will get pictures!
Nah, the fog has well and truly set in. I put the key in, turn it, then my little car starts.... so easy!
Post a Comment