Monday, October 10, 2005

Another great day


The last serial number - the one on the toe board.

It is in one piece, and I am so pleased. A small thing, but very important. We reckon that by the Willys serial number Katie was built in January 1946, so now we should be able to get a bit more info (hopefully).






The side panels (fenders) came off in one piece, a bit of work to do, and only hit both of us on the head once! The originals we think, as they were the Pasture Green, and not red (the repaint colour, several times).








Radiator drained and removed, lots of lovely green stuff came out, so I'm a happy bunny (again, doesn't take much, does it?).








Well, she just keeps surprising me........
please find on your right a heater.
A small matrix with a fan on top - will find out whether it runs later, but for now ....WOW!

1 comment:

Liz said...

I have just managed to get into your site - this confirms it - you are mad!! Not just a mad aunt either.... However, you sound like a happy bunny, so enjoy!