So, today I had a visitation from the VUB, his girlie, and their small pink squeely thing(the bunker urchin). We set up the welder - and started to get the patches welded in to the frame again ........... wonderful. We did a couple to set up the machine, and I did OK apparently! The welder we have is a fairly industrial type, so made life a lot easier, together with having the right gas (apparently if you use just CO2 it isn't so easy/good, but what do I know?) so we are back on track, Terry has a welding wife, and we have holes in the garage carpet! There will obviously be more as time goes on........... but it is a big start. I now just need to practice, practice, practice. Pete did think I wasn't too bad, so that I take as a compliment. Hope to have the whole frame welded up soon. Get the hang of it, and the patches will fly on!
Cleaning up the parts is coming along too, I am gradually emptying the boxes of rusty stuff, and replacing with either shiny or primed parts. Good fun eh? My hands haven't been so filthy in an age. I keep trying to clean them with the wire brush in momentary lapses of concentration.
We were given some 7" headlamps for the use of (?) and found a lovely pair that will do Katie nicely, seeing as how she will need to dip to the left not the right. Thank you Matt.
I am in the process of investigating the purchase of a wiring loom, and Joe at Vintage Wiring of Maine asked me all sorts of questions in order to give me a quote, so when that gets sorted out I hope I can order it.
Terry is in charge of the painting - so I nagged him into laying some primer onto the fan, and some other bits that had been rubbed down. I tend to end up with runs (and a headache from the tutting) so I have definately delegated that job. But when it comes to doing the primer with the HVLP gun "even I can do that OK" as quoted in the autumn!
Anyway, she is coming along, and when we get stuck in we get stacks done, so I'm happy, just got to practice the welding!
Monday, December 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment