Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Small, but it's an update!

We ousted the Queen Mary, re-housed her in a garage in Surrey, and put the truck outside the front of the house. We've gone back to the time when we were proper rednecks ...............
BUT it does mean that Katie is under cover and, when the heating is finally sorted, I can spend more time out there without my feet freezing.
Today wasn't too bad, a bit more grinding (after covering things up) and I did manage to melt a hole in my fleece, but I primed the bare metal, and have just got to make the decision to get the welding gas and learn the art of MIG welding. I was taught stick and gas welding over 25 years ago, but never MIG. This I have had a go at, but never seriously. Our VUB says that it should be easy - after all it was used extensively during the war by the (U.S.) women that worked in the factories! I didn't know whether to laugh or to box his ears when he said it. In any case, I hope there's backup in case I stuff up. If it's really bad there's always the angle grinder! The heating will be sorted by the end of this week, so after that there should be no stopping me [pause for both thought, and effect].
As the phrase goes "watch this space"..............................

2 comments:

Liz said...

I shall inspect at the week-end...

Liz said...

Looking at your title part - I have some Blue Willi's clothes.....