Sunday, July 30, 2006

Grease and rust don't really mix!

Well, not when your using Rust off to deal with the rust anyway!

I know it's been a while but there are a lot of other things have been doing - sorry!
This weekend was the first in an age when I could try and get things done. I set to with the rust convertor on the rear of the chassis, then the de-greaser on the front!
The thing is that I know in my heart that there has not been a lot of work done to Katie by the P/O so when I see nice shiny steel I am delighted (and as I haven't dared look underneath, wondering whether it is really OK). This part is the really dirty one, either covered with rust particles, or with grease, and that's just me at the end of the day!
Well, T and I managed to clean a lot off, consequently the drive is in a state! I think it will be Cillit Bang to the rescue (well I daren't use it in the bathroom, last time I had to replace the silicone round the bath!) so that won't be too bad. It does leave the block paving really shiny!

After all this we will coat with the rust stuff, and then some etch primer - so the next picture will be a grey one, but don't hold your breath!


By the way the engine is refurbished (and a nice shade of black), and the wheel rims are ready for collection and then painting their nice yellow colour!

3 comments:

Liz said...

I am most impressed! When will you be giving me the inaugural ride? I still need a ride on your tractor... and the Queen Mary... and the other vehicles... I just feel so deprived...

H said...

So do I!

Liz said...

Hah!