
Duck Oil
The big blue spanner
Breaker bar with the 6 foot scaffold tube
And a windy gun!
All that and the nut was toast!
It is now off - it's the nut you can see between the airline and the gas line.
However, the results were ................................

Gloopy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then it's cleaned off, and almost looks presentable.

It really is an amazing bit of kit considering the damn thing fills up with oil and is unusable most of the time!
So while we were in the mood, we decided to tackle the job of taking the engine and gearbox off the chassis, then I can get really stuck in to the derusting! So, after one false start and a stud that was really a bolt, it came off, and now resides on its own skate.

By this time we're getting cold and the great thing is that my mushroom coloured engine is now sitting there awaiting our next move.
(Meet my main man, the LOML, and the guy who got me in to all this!)

Brilliant - isn't it?
(well I think so!)
9 comments:
My goodness, you have been busy! All this since I left you both on Saturday afternoon. I am most impressed! By the way, did Katie come with a flower vase? I havebeen out and bought some irises to go into Herbie's vase, I think it will have to be timely flowers that appear in the vase!
ps What is the difference between an air line and a gas line? (OK< I know - it's a doooooh moment)
Gas you set fire to (big blue spanner) air you don't, and it makes the windy gun turn!
Katie came with what seemed like a hundred weight of dried grass and straw in various places!
Oooh, rather like grass on the back of your jumper???
Its one month later.... so how is Katie?
Promise to update you soon - no excuse - sorry.
Well? Come on, I know the engine has gone to the doctor, but what has happened to the rest? I think this site will soon chnage to a model makers e-bay report site.... Poor Katie.
OK, you've been to le Mans, you've taken the tractor across the fields - what has happened to Katie?
This post is now 6 months old - we need more pickies and info...
Post a Comment