It's been too blooming cold to do stuff that doesn't require much movement, so today we got the blowtorch out, and Angie with a rotary wire brush, together with scrapers and an ordinary wire brush. We were looking at removing the odd bits of underseal that remain, and generally having a warm look at the state of Denmark.
Well, we ended up with less rust than we thought on some of it, and using Angie and some Rust Off getting quite reasonable results. Mind you we did end up doing the last bits in the dark - so I will get a good look (and some photos) tomorrow. I shall then be able to tell what I need to do.
Next job is to make a skate for the engine and transmission so that when we take it off we can move it out of our way when neccessary. This will be frequently knowing us!
Sunday, December 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
Would a blow torch get rid of cellulite?
Painfully!
As bad as not eating chocolate?
Worse!
So I need lots of walks then!
Both of us!
So what has happened to the engine then? Come on, I want to see the innards of this creature and compare it with how I feel!!
Are you still under there? Happy new year!
The engine has had the majority of its extemities removed - now how do you feel?
Bloated - but then I bet your engine doesn't eat all the chocolates a class of children give to their teacher at Christmas!!
No, but its owner would given half a chance!
Try the Italian biscuits I talk about in today's post - Waitrose sell them and they are on offer at the mo.
You have been removing this rust for a very long time - what is the present state of play?
Still removing rust!
Is rust as bad as dust to remove?
Wouldn't recommend removing dust with an angle grinder!
(Anyway, dust is a protective coating, after all....)
Post a Comment