Last weekend we actually got the first part of the chassis painted. Whoopee!!!!!!!!!!
Having spent the whole of Saturday with wire brushes and de-greaser we decided that the paint could go on - or rather the etch primer. So, easy enough, it is mixed 50/50 hardener and paint. Then what to apply it with? Dave G says a roller, and as we were about to do that a light went on which meant we remembered that I had an HVLP (High Pressure, Low Volume - Liz) spray gun. A whole learning curve ......... several 'phone calls to Big Bruv later and we had a coat of paint on.
The things to remember are: The viscosity of the paint needs to be about 30 seconds (timed by filling the cup up and letting it drain out through the hole in the bottom).
Don't leave the little compressor under where you are spraying - the air it takes in will have paint in it.
When you switch it on there is a constant flow of air through the nozzle, the paint only comes out when the trigger is pulled.
The overspray is negligible, and can be adjusted.
Clean it out well - it will save you hours later! (Terry told me this!)
So, I followed T round with the compressor, and he did the spraying. He was quite impressed with it - and even said that it was so easy to use that I could do it! He certainly knows how to treat a girl that one!
So, the first round has been won, and we just have the rest to go.
I will find the camera - honestly!
And I did!
There, in all her glory!
No comments:
Post a Comment