I've been wanting to order a wiring loom for some time. But I have a problem (me!) I have been told I am having indicators, on account of the complete tossers who have no tolerance for (a) classic vehicles and (b) slower classic vehicles which happen to be in their way. Well, I guess I should have expected that really I would have to find a way of putting front indicators on Katie without compromising her looks. ( For that read I'm not putting modern crappy motorcycle or trailer lights anywhere near my baby). So, as usual I have put a great deal of thought into how to go about putting extra lights on. I cannot use the side lights - because the MOT states that you need both side lights and indicators to be able to run at the same time. I must have side lights, but due to the age of Katie, I don't actually need indicators. I seemed to get back to square one every time, until a chance conversation led me down the LED route. And today I achieved the goal of having two LEDs in the bullet light, with NO modification of the hardware ........... WHOOPEE.

Now those of you who are interested may ask what the cylinder is? Water pipe. Bog standard 15mm pipe made by John Guest.

As you can see it fits in the bulb holder a treat, and I even get to use three out of the four cut outs for the wires!
So, today was a true R and D day, and yes I felt very smug when it all came together.
And the upshot of all this? Yes,I can mow speak to those nice fellers at Vintage wiring of Maine, and order my wiring loom. WHOOPEE!
2 comments:
I hope your chest infection goes away soon, thenwe will see a picture of those indicators blinking!
So what else has happened?
Post a Comment